Friday 9 October 2015

"Teaching in Malaysia"

Hi everyone, I am undergoing my internship in one of the school at Kuantan.  Basically, I’m experiencing what a normal teacher should do.

Most of them out there are criticizing teaching profession without knowing the real burden carried by the teachers. Previously, I’m just a trainee without knowing a real picture of being a teacher but today I’m in the position to answer and explain what is teaching really is in Malaysia.

I have been in a school for a week guess what I am basically ‘sleeping in the field’.
I make up line in the field, cut grass, train the pupils, prepare the pupils for sport’s day and finally held a competition. In the hot sun and during haze where everyone is hiding in their house, the teachers are sacrificing their health and get burnt in the field. Do you think that teachers just wear formal attire and enjoy the holiday all the time? You are very wrong!

We teachers do things that beyond your imagination. In just a week as an intern, I already experience painting the school wall, teaching dancing, preparing exam paper, taking care the health of the pupils when they are sick, cutting grass, cleaning, set up a stage and etc.

Actually, my work is beyond teaching. I am damn tired but I never complain because I pity the permanent teacher. My life gonna be like them as well after my intern.

So stop complaining about us! Do not get jealous about our long holiday, easy promotion and other privileges we gain. Actually, In Malaysia, the teachers are not treated much compared to others countries. Australia pays teachers as much as a doctor’s salary.  


Because of the carelessness of a doctor we lose a life, because of the carelessness of a teacher, we lose a generation.  –MISS I-

SO LEARN ABOUT US FIRST BEFORE YOU JUDGE...THANX


No comments:

Post a Comment